Friday, April 22, 2011

044 Swing Your Partner



Title: Swing Your Partner
Studio: Lantz
Date: 04/26/43
Credits: -
Series: A Foolish Fable / Homer Pigeon
Running time (of viewed version): 6:02, with intro; 5:46 without
Commercial DVD Availability: Columbia House WWaFCE v4

Synopsis: Horse enslaved by pigeon routs square dance.























Comments: "Who's A Horse's" plays (they left off the ass). Silhouette in front of the moon shot. The horse doesn't like Homer, and considering how he uses the whip, it's not much of a surprise. Borders on an orchestra cartoon. Drummer looks like a darker Goofy. Cat looks Terry like. Possible edit in viewed following dance caller's egg head; I think it's a tobacco spitting gag that's been cut. I think the horse is going to hook up with Daisy pigeon at the end. Refers to itself as a mare tho, so I guess the horse is a she... Seems too forward to use "Al Falfa" on the drums... Cartoon lacks cohesiveness. Amputee butter churn.

2 comments:

  1. Here, apparently, is a less (or un?)edited version:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgb7_uBD1Ho

    (Full disclosure: I've never seen any other version than this, so I'm not sure what the Columbia House edit is like—I can just tell it's shorter by more than half a minute from your timecount.)

    Homer Pigeon went on from here to star in hundreds of rather mediocre comic books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only part I don't see here is the part I used to see where a big-bellied male pig dances with a big-bosomed female pig to "The Arkansas Traveler."

    ReplyDelete